BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MyYearBook Layouts »

Monday, October 19, 2015

Body Systems I can statements

We are starting our next unit in science!!  We have begun studying the Body Systems.  Below is the list of our objectives for this unit. 

Body Systems Objectives
·         I can explain the purpose of the digestive system of animals/humans.
·         I can explain the purpose of the circulatory system of animals/humans.
·         I can explain the purpose of the respiratory system of animals/humans.
·         I can explain the purpose of the skeletal system of animals/humans.
·         I can explain the purpose of the muscular system of animals/humans.
·         I can explain the purpose of the nervous system of animals/humans.
·         I can explain the purpose of the excretory system of animals/humans.
·         I can explain the purpose of the reproductive system of animals/humans.

·         I can explain how two or more systems work together to perform daily activities.

Students will have this listed in their science notebooks before their first set of body system notes.  

To start us off, we made sure we knew what organs were.  To do that we, built an animal or human using Legos and held discussions.



We compared the Lego pieces to organs in our body.  We discussed how each Lego has a job just like each organ in our body has a job.  

This week we start our learning groups and rotations to learn about the organ systems listed above.  Please have students bring headphones to science class starting this week so they can do the activities on the iPads.  

0 comments: